Sunday, November 16, 2008

reflections of my life

I heard a song recently on a TV show called Reflections of My Life by Marmalade. It was recorded in 1969 originally and to be perfectly honest I don't remember the song at the time.
But, hey, I was 10 years old.

In the few weeks that this song has been reintroduced to me it has become one of my favorite songs for a couple of reasons.
The first reason is that it's just a beautiful song.

But, the timing is probably more important to me right now.
To me, the singer is saying that the world is a bad place but it's better than the other choice, death.

Why that's important to me is obvious if you know me but I am going to write about it anyway.

The world can be a hard place to live at times and choosing to get beyond all that and make the best of things is exactly what I am choosing.
In spite of chaos or pain, you just have to look at the good things in your life as well.
Start thinking about what's good and you'll come up with a number of good to great things.

Here are a few of mine that are worth living for:

My California girl
My children
Adelaide
Duke and Ella
Kiki and Lucy
Great food
Beverages
Good music
Dreams
Travel

I could go on and on.

Life is very much worth living and make the best of it.

And, yes, I will get to reflections of my own life soon.

No comments: