Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lighthouses


My fabulous female friend loved lighthouses before I did. It was her addiction that got me interested in them. But, interest in them I am.
Obviously, they were built to warn sailors of danger.
There are a number of really beautiful lighthouses and a lot more of them than I would have suspected. The more I became interested in learning about them the more I discovered just how many of them were out there and I love the history that goes along with each of them.
The lighthouse above is located on Block Island an incredibly beautiful body of land just off the coast of Rhode Island. .
Sometimes, life can have it's own lighthouses which warn us of looming danger, of hazards that lie in wait.
Sometimes, life doesn't have lighthouses. Hazards can blind side us.
My life was a shipwreck of sorts. As captain of my ship, I either missed the lighthouse or ignored it and crashed upon the rocks.
But, I survived that crash.
Tonight, my entire body feels like a shipwreck. I've been sick and work has been hard and stressful. But, it's all manageable and I feel like things are on the right track and I firmly believe that hard work always pays off in the long run.
Hard work will enable me to take my fantastically fabulous female friend to see as many of them as she wants in the future.
Tomorrow we go to DFW to see our wonderful Tara and Adelaide before they jump on a plane for Australia.
Not sure what I will be writing about then.

No comments: