Friday, January 23, 2009

Someday Never Comes

Someday Never Comes is one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite all time bands, CCR.

I am reasonably sure this song is about a personal tragedy in the lead singer's life. His parents got divorced and the dad told him as he was going away that some day the son would understand. But, some day never came.
Then, history repeated itself when the lead singer also got divorced and he had to tell his own son to be a man and that some day he would understand. People really never do understand and some day never really comes.

My own life has been about some day. I have been a professional investor and investing is all about the future. I have always said some day things would be great and that all the work would pay off.
Now, it's not looking like some day will come.
I always had certain dates circled on the calender in my mind about when this event would happen or some other event would take place.
Then, things got messed up. Blame it on myself. Blame it on the economy. Blame it on whatever you like, but I am starting to wonder what if.......



Someday never comes.

No comments: