Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Omen


The Omen is a creepy movie that scared the crap out of me.
This blog is not about that creep show and I will never speak of that again.
When I was involved with karate years ago there was an old man that came to the class I was in. I'm not sure how he survived it but the old guy hung in there like a warrior.
We had to do a certain exercise while another person was required to hold your feet until you finished it.
Well, the old man always farted while he did his exercise. Always, and without exception he would pass gas and it was really close to the person holding his feet, obviously.
Even more obviously, nobody wanted to hold his feet.
I had to hold them a few times but my friends and I deceptively moved away when the time came allowing an unsuspecting new guy the privilege of holding his feet and smelling his glamorous poots.
After a few weeks of this, I started calling the old man 'the Omen' as a shorter version of 'the old man' and because his farts were pretty scary. My friends fell over laughing when they heard it and I still think it's funny to this day.
I feel bad that I don't even remember the man's name and that we just called him the Omen.
Every time I hear the title The Omen, I think of that man. But, also when somebody lets one go accidentally I think of him.
I am getting closer to the Omen that I would like to admit and some day I will also pass gas while some unsuspecting young person has to experience it.
I respected the old guy for putting himself through karate classes at his age and I am sure he has been gone for a long time.
I hope he knows I meant no harm by calling him the Omen and thought highly of him in spite of having to sniff against my will.
I hope someday when I am his age that I am half as game as he was.
I also hope that you enjoy the smell.

No comments: