Sunday, September 20, 2009

Big Sky Country

I wasn't really aware that it rained so little in Montana. I did not do my homework before my trip and obviously I didn't even know I was going on a trip. But, it rains very little there. It snows pretty heavily, but as far as actual rain I was reading that the state wide average is 11 inches per year.
That's about as much as Midland, Texas gets which is pretty dry.

However, in spite of my love for rainy, cloudy weather it is hard to beat the skies of Montana.

As you can see from the picture above which was taken by my lovely roommate, the skies are incredibly blue.
The blue tint of the sky is only matched by the unique color of the glacier water throughout Glacier National Park.

I found myself time after time scanning the cliffs for mountain goats and scenery, and just getting distracted by the color of the sky. It was just amazing.

Montana is not for everybody. If you are into sandy beaches, bikinis or the night life of a New York or a Miami, then Montana is probably not for you.
But, if you are into incredible mountain scenery, and nature, Montana is hard to beat.

Montana is truly the Big Sky Country. I highly recommend a visit.

No comments: