Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I just won 1.5 million dollars


I suppose the authors of the 10 emails wanting to send me money that I receive daily think I look like this guy pictured above.
I realize that I am a dreamer and believe good things can happen to people but these emails are ridiculous.
Either I have inherited 7 million dollars, or I have won the lottery, or somebody wants to bring 20 million into our country and needs my help. Of course, I would be richly awarded for my efforts.
I'm not really sure how these scams work, but I will admit that when I get tired of the constant barrage of emails I like to get even a bit. Normally, I just delete the emails but sometimes.....
Occasionally, I like to reply to them and play along a little.
Some of them can be a good time actually and they think they have a sucker on the line.
One of them wanted to send me a check for several hundred thousand dollars. I am reasonably sure how that scam works is to get your bank account and rob you of all your money.
I replied that he could bring me cash and to meet me at the Wal Mart in a certain city. He replied back that he would send me a check and I responded again that I wanted cash and I would be easily recognized because I would be the rather large fellow that would be surrounded by my Samoan bodyguards.
No more responses from this crook.
Basically, I just want the emails to stop and to be left alone.
I'm not really sure what a blog is supposed to be about. I assume it's whatever a person wants it to be.
If this is my blog and it's about me, then replying to crooks with smart ass replies is part of my life.
I get probably 50 to 100 junk emails a day and the very least I can do is have a little fun with a dirt bag crook.
Ok, ok, I know I need to stop and I need help.

1 comment:

Alice said...

That's hilarious! I'm never brave enough to do that! I'd be afraid they would find me and hurt me! ha!