Sunday, April 26, 2009

Foghat

No song symbolizes my high school days more than Slow Ride by Foghat.

I don't really know what the song means so much, but nearly every car that drove up in those days had Slow Ride playing in the 8 track player.
The movie about high school in Texas in the 70s called Dazed and Confused actually played the song near the end. Classic.

Speaking of Dazed and Confused, when I watched this movie the first time I laughed pretty much the entire way through. The reason I laughed was not because the movie is a comedy but because I knew people like most of the characters and I lived through most of the experiences. I can't say looking back that those were great times, but those time were life. I wouldn't recommend doing anything in that movie, but no movie I have seen is more like what really happened than Dazed and Confused.
I don't think we had as much weed as those guys did, but it was a strong presence at any party you were lucky enough to attend and everyone was doing it.
That includes people like former president Bill Clinton and the preps.

I admit that I didn't participate much in that.

But, that will be our little secret.

No comments: