Sunday, February 15, 2009

Overkill

Men at Work was a pretty big rock group back in the early 80s. They were from Australia and had a few international hits which turned out pretty big for them.

Probably the biggest hit was Down Under, but Who Can it Be Now was a close second and reached #1 in the USA.



But, my favorite was Overkill.

What they are saying in this song is that they lay down at night and worry about situations. In this song, the overkill is due to the fact that the situations they worry about never happen.


If only that were true in my own life. Seems like it used to be. These ghosts (situations) would appear at night and everything would turn out fine.
Hasn't been that way lately.
I can't really write about the things that have happened in my life lately, but some day I might.

As for now, the ghosts will continue to visit.

But, they can keep on keeping on because I am done with it.

No comments: